Diploma in Digital Marketing
Want to get ahead in digital marketing? This diploma gives you all the latest industry insights, knowledge and skills needed to plan, implement and monitor effective digital marketing campaigns. You’ll also be able to implement marketing plans using the latest digital tools and practices.
With this qualification, you will gain a clear understanding of practical considerations, including digital metrics, regulations and codes of practice.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Viral Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Online PR
- Types of Online Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
Key points to note about the Diploma in Digital Marketing:
- The diploma consists of 3 units at Level 4.
- All units are assessed by assignment.
- There are over 40 CIM accredited study centres in the UK and overseas.
- Study centres offer different study methods and start dates.
- Cost depends on where and how you study – please ask the study centres.
- If you have a relevant marketing qualification, you may receive an exemption of up to 50% of the course.
Download the CAM Brochure for detailed information and syllabus!
Find out more
Content of the units
The course is made up of three units.
You have four options to specialise when you study Diploma in Digital Marketing:
Marketing and Consumer Behaviour (20 credits)
Here are just a few of the advantages and insights you’ll gain:
- Marketing plans: formulating one in the context of an organisation’s strategy, culture and target audience.
- Market research: strengths and weaknesses of qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Consumer relationships: developing long-term relationships with customers, agencies and other stakeholders.
- New ideas: recommend the best marketing communications for an organisation to interact and appeal to customers.
The Marketing and Consumer Behaviour unit covers the theories and techniques of research and consumer behaviour and their application to marketing communications. This unit is designed for individuals without previous marketing qualifications. Exemptions from this unit are available if you have an appropriate marketing qualification.
Exemptions are available for this unit if you have previous relevant marketing qualifications. Unit exemption are subject to approval from the CIM Awarding Body and £85 fee.
Digital Marketing Essentials (10 credits)
All the tools you need to effectively plan digital marketing campaigns:
- Keeping track: understanding digital campaign tools in planning, implementation and monitoring of digital marketing.
- Working together: how digital media channels can be co-ordinated to be more effective.
- Evaluate: how digital campaigns can be measured.
- Recommend: how would you improve a digital campaign?
- Explain: how digital campaigns can be monitored effectively.
The Digital Marketing Essentials unit covers the campaign tools, their application and monitoring. You’ll learn what digital marketing is about, including understanding the buzz words and main trends. It covers Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), types of online advertising, email marketing, viral marketing, online PR, affiliate marketing and social media. It also looks at digital metrics, regulation and codes of practice.
Digital Marketing Planning (10 credits)
Creating a digital marketing plan for an organisation considering implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful campaigns:
- Review: differences between digital and traditional marketing concepts and applications.
- Discuss: key stages in online development using relevant business models.
- Analyse: how the Internet has changed the marketing mix.
- Review: the importance of target markets and emerging digital buyer behaviour.
- Apply: design, measure and monitor an annual online digital marketing plan.
This unit covers the fundamental digital marketing planning concepts. You’ll learn the key factors involved with the implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful plans. The unit will address issues such as relationship marketing, permission and consumer concerns around privacy, trust and security.
For Mobile Marketing in Practice, Web Analytics and Social Media Monitoring, Integrating Digital Media and Branding Units, please see the Unit Awards section. These three units are available to study individually if you want to widen your skills after gaining your diploma.
How can I study?
- Face-to-face in a weekly or intensive classroom setting
- Distance learning online
- Blended learning (combination of the above)
How it works
- You’ll be assigned three key areas of study.
- All will be assessed by assignment projects.
- You can take this diploma in over 40 CIM accredited study centres in the UK and overseas.
- Each study centres offers different study methods and start dates.
- Please ask your nearest study centre for details of course costs.
- If you have a marketing qualification, you may benefit from an exemption of up to 50%.
Where can I study?
- Cambridge Marketing College - Egypt
- Cambridge Marketing College - Dresden - Germany
- Cambridge Marketing College - Stuttgart - Germany
- Simon Page Business School - Ghana
- Cambridge Marketing College - Hong Kong
- Cambridge Marketing College - India
- Makini College - Kenya
- Simon Page Business School - Nigeria
- Oxford College of Marketing - Romania
- MMC Learning - Saudi Arabia
- Synergy School of Marketing - Sri Lanka
- Cambridge Marketing College - The Netherlands
- Altium Training- Greece
- Cambridge Marketing College - The Gulf - UAE
- Cambridge Marketing College - London
- Professional Academy - London Centre
- Capela Training - London
- CIM Academy - London
- The Marketers Forum - London West End
- Marketing Tom Media - London
- Oxford College of Marketing - London
- The Marketers Forum - London City
- The Marketers Forum - South London
- University of Hertfordshire
- Intensive Marketing
- Oxford College of Marketing - Reading
- Oxford College of Marketing - High Wycombe
- Oxford College of Marketing - Oxford
- Goldcrest Academy - Maidstone
- Home Learning College - Kent, Sussex
- Oxford College of Marketing - Brighton
- Oxford College of Marketing - Gatwick
- Cambridge Marketing College - Bristol
- Professional Academy - Exeter
- City of Bristol College
- University of Buckingham
- Business Consort Ltd
- Cambridge Marketing College - Manchester
- Professional Academy - Manchester
- MMC Learning
- Oxford College of Marketing - Liverpool
- Professional Academy - Northern Centre, Yorkshire
- Leeds City College
- SPA Professional Academy
- Oxford College of Marketing - Hull
- Cambridge Marketing College - Birmingham
- Oxford College of Marketing Birmingham
- Solihull College
- Cambridge Marketing College - Cambridge
- Professional Academy
- Belfast Academy of Marketing
- Marketing Tom Media - Cardiff
- Cambridge Marketing College - Edinburgh
- Professional Academy - Channel Islands Centre
Specialist digital units
Our recommended pathway for most students is to achieve the Diploma in Digital Marketing and then, if you choose to, enhance your knowledge further by studying the specialist unit awards.
If you would prefer to study one of the specialist digital unit awards as part of your Diploma in Digital Marketing in place of the Digital Marketing Planning unit, this is possible. The chosen specialism will be reflected in your diploma title.
- Mobile Marketing in Practice
- Web Analytics and Social Media Monitoring
- Integrating Digital Media and Branding
Is this course right for me?
If you work in marketing communications, hold any degree or have a CIM Level 2 or 3 certificate, you can apply. This qualification is designed for those who currently work in marketing or are seeking to enter the industry and want to gain more specialist knowledge of digital marketing.
This diploma is ideal if you are developing and implementing digital marketing plans or working in an online team. It will teach you the essentials to understand digital planning.
How can I study?
- Face-to face in a weekly or intensive classroom setting
- Distance learning online
- Blended learning (combination the above)
How much time will it take?
The course will require around 400 hours of study.
Where can I study?
Why do I need CIM membership?
There are three elements which make up the studying cost.
The tuition fees make up the majority of the costs. These vary depending on your chosen method of studying i.e. face-to-face or distance learning, and your chosen study centre. We recommend that you contact the study centres to enquire about their tuition fees.
Assessment fees are £65 per exam and £85 per assignment.
To study the qualification you are required to become a member of the CIM. Your membership provides you with a wide range of member benefits including access to marketing resources, studying and professional support, plus career enhancing opportunities such as the Chartered CPD Programme. To study, you will need to join as a Studying member (Affiliate) at a cost of £144.
What will I study?